Your Nav Bar Here

Monday 18 July 2011

absence makes the heart grow fonder...



I may have disappeared for a substantial length of time, but I can justify my absence. After 10 A Level exams, work stress and a holiday I am fairly sure you can forgive me for not posting anything on my, fairly empty, blog! But I am back, so the heartache can stop. I'm feeling a little rusty and so I have decided to do a small weekly wishlist, as my first post back to the blog. After having a little mooch around the blogs that I already follow, for a little inspiration, I decided to avoid Topshop this week. This is partially due to: 1. every girl logs on and looks around the website anyway and 2.the prices as of currently do not agree with my current bank allowance and make me want to vom'. Moreover, as a sensible piece of justification for not using any Topshop garments this week, I feel that the quality of their clothing has decreased rapidly and there is not a great deal that I would be willing to spend my hard earned cash on anymore. However, Dorothy Perkins, as I have recently discovered, have started making almost identical Topshop items, however, their quality is amazing (cough, not over-priced crap, cough). I brought the 'oyster...' shirt and it is absolutely gorgeous. I paired it with a bandage skirt and my New Look Kids loafers and felt fab. I got the shirt in 12, although I normally wear a 10, as I wanted a little bit of give and didn't want the top to be too fitted; this decision turned out to be a wise one, as if the shirt had been any smaller it would have been fitted around my bust and probably wouldn't have looked as flattering as it did when baggy. I can imagine myself to pair this shirt with leggings and wedges for a night out, with a chunky gold watch and earrings, to give that 'no effort, but so chic', Fearne Cotton, type of look (read:wishing to create this look). 

No comments:

Post a Comment